Tip: To configure authentication via TOTP on multiple devices, during setup, scan the QR code using each device at the same time. If 2FA is already enabled and you want to add another device, you must re-configure 2FA from your security settings.
1. Download one of these recommended apps:
- For Android, iOS, and Blackberry: Google Authenticator
- For Android and iOS: Duo Mobile
- For Windows Phone: Authenticator
2. On Step 1 of the Two-factor authentication wizard do one of the following:
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device's app. After scanning, the app will display a six-digit code that you can enter on Dock app.
- OR if you can't use QR code scanner, then click enter this text instead to see a code you can copy and manually enter in your authenticator app.
3. The TOTP mobile application will save your Dock account and generate a new authentication code every few seconds. On Dock app, on the 2FA page, type the code and click Enable.
4. Save your recovery codes in a safe place. Your recovery codes can help you get back into your account if you lose access. Please note that you are given 10 different recovery codes and each recovery code is 10 digits long.
- To save your recovery codes on your device, click Download.
- To save a hard copy of your recovery codes, click Print.
- To copy your recovery codes for storage in a password manager, click Copy.
Note: each recovery code can be used only once. You can always generate new recovery codes if you are running out of them or just want to secure your account.
5. After you've enabled 2FA and saved your recovery codes, we recommend you sign out and back in to your account. In case of problems, such as a forgotten password or typo in your email address, you can use recovery codes to access your account and correct the problem.