- You must have a balance of DOCK tokens in your ETH wallet (DOCK tokens earned in the Dock app cannot be used for voting).
- You will need to use MyEtherWallet, MetaMask or MyCrypto to vote.
MyEtherWallet allows you to connect your online or hardware wallet to vote directly on the contract (outside of the Dock app). How do I vote with MyEtherWallet?
MetaMask is a browser extension that allow you to vote within the Dock app. How do I vote with MetaMask?
MyCrypto is an open-source, client-side tool for generating ether wallets, handling ERC-20 tokens, and interacting with the blockchain more easily. How do I vote with MyCrypto?
- Your vote is worth the balance of DOCK tokens in your Ethereum wallet.
- There is no DOCK token cost to you to vote, the tokens you have in your wallet are used to calculate the number of votes attributed to you and will never leave your wallet during the voting process.
- There will be a small gas cost in ETH to send the vote, as with all Ethereum transactions.
- You cannot vote on the same proposal twice.
Passing a Vote
After the voting time frame is complete a proposal is considered passed or not passed based on the following:
- Proposals that receive more than 250,000 DOCK tokens are considered passed. The option that receives the most DOCK tokens is considered the winning option.
- Proposals that receive less than 250,000 DOCK tokens are not passed and no option is considered the winning option.
Once a proposal is passed, the Dock team will consider the winning option when planning future project implementation.
Suggest a New Proposal
Anyone can suggests a new proposal for the community to vote on. A submission does not guarantee publication. Once submitted proposals are manually reviewed and may be published at the discretion of the Dock team.
Once published, proposals are open and token holders can vote for a set period of time. After this time frame, a proposal is closed and a winning option will be recognized (Given the proposal is passed).